How creative can you get in 6 seconds?
Vine, Twitter’s newest app, is forcing businesses and brands to consider this question when it comes to sharing their stories.
The video sharing app, launched by Twitter earlier this year, allows users to combine photos and video into a 6-second creation they can share on Twitter. One reviewer described it as “Instagram meets Youtube with a dash of Twitter.”
The app quickly gained steam after its launch and is already one of the 100 most popular free apps for the iPhone. Perhaps the biggest reason for its success among businesses is the opportunity it offers to market oneself in a completely new way. Six seconds is not a lot of time, but you may be surprised how much content you can fit into six seconds. There have been many articles floating around recently on how to best use Vine to market your business. We have gathered a few of our favorites to share with you.
- Product Demonstrations. Rather than writing an in-depth tutorial for a product your business provides, why not create a quick Vine video to show off your product and its abilities?
- Record headshots of all your employees into one video. People want to associate a face with a company or business. A 6-second video introducing your staff is a creative and friendly way to gain followers.
- Capture office atmosphere. Give your customers or clients a glimpse behind the scenes. Let them know the kind of company they are dealing with. A fun video that captures your office environment would be a great way to introduce your brand or business to potential customers.
- Cover trade shows, speeches or just about any event you attend. Promote events your business or brand is involved in with short clips and pictures of the event.
- One word testimonials from happy customers. A stop-motion Vine video with customers holding a sign with one word that describes their experience with your business would be a unique way to share testimonials.
- Finish your video with a call to action. At the end of your Vine creation, be sure to let your audience know to follow you on Twitter, like your Facebook fan page, share the video with their friends, etc. Vine is just a tool to promote your business. Be sure to take advantage of this.
After creating your videos, be sure to share them. Vine gives you the option of posting your video to the Vine community, Twitter or Facebook. You can add a caption to your video or categorize it with hashtags.